HOW IT WORKS
Current U.S. Government policy requires that, in nearly all cases, the Exporter of a firearm-related item also be the Seller of said item(s). Thus, Borderview may need to source the item(s) proposed for export from a U.S. Supplier, and sell them to you by using our Buy-on-Your-Behalf Service to fill your special order.
What does the process look like?
After you identify the item(s) you wish to purchase, initiate contact with us. Once we have determined that there is a high probability of export license approval and that the supplier understands the situation and will accept the order and payment from us, we will make arrangements with you to proceed.
The supplier that we’re buying from cannot be a party that is prohibited from participating in export transactions for any reason (some companies or individuals have gotten in trouble for illegal exports in the past and thus are barred from taking part in future export transactions). We will screen their name against the required government lists to ensure this is not an issue.
How much does it cost?
Because of the various costs of offering this service, we must charge a nominal fee. The Fee Structure is as follows:
5% of the total purchase amount, with a $50 minimum charge.
- Pre-payment is required in full for all purchases.
- Usually available for up to $5,000 purchases. Contact us to inquire about higher amounts.
- Additional 3.5% charge for payment by credit card when applicable.
- The Buy-on-Your-Behalf service fee is separate from, and in addition to, our normal Export/Import Service Fees applicable to your shipment.
How do I pay Borderview for the items?
Wire Transfer: Once the order is set up, we will send you our Invoice, which will include bank Wire Transfer instructions for our designated account, and important terms applicable to the sale.
Money Order/Certified Check: Alternatively, you may mail a Money Order or Certified Check in U.S. funds.
- This may delay receipt of payment by 1-2 weeks.
Credit Card: We can usually accept Credit Card payments (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) for Buy-on-Your-Behalf purchases for an additional 3.5% of the Invoice amount.
- Purchases over $5,000 are not eligible for credit card payment.
- In most cases, your final invoice — for our export service fees, applicable shipping, and tax — can be paid by credit card with no extra fee.
Can you bid for me in a firearm auction?
At this time, we are unable to bid on auction items to be sold to you.
However, if you have placed a winning bid for a firearm at auction, you may contact us prior to making payment to the auction to discuss options.